Question 665: Date of subsequent HCT
Report the date when the recipient received the subsequent HCT.
For more information regarding reporting partial or unknown dates, see General Instructions, General Guidelines for Completing Forms.
Question 666: Was the subsequent HCT performed at a different institution?
Indicate whether the subsequent HCT was performed at another institution. If the subsequent HCT was performed at a different institution, report “yes” and continue with question 667. If the subsequent HCT was not performed at a different institution, report “no” and continue with question 668.
Question 667: Specify the institution that performed the subsequent HCT
Report the name, city, state, and country of the institution where the recipient’s subsequent HCT was performed. These data are used to identify and link the recipient’s information in the database.
Questions 668-669: What was the indication for subsequent HCT?
Indicate the reason for the subsequent HCT (check only one).
- Graft failure / insufficient hematopoietic recovery: Additional hematopoietic stem cells are required because there wasn’t any ANC recovery following HCT (primary graft failure), the hematopoietic recovery indefinitely declined after the initial hematopoietic recovery (secondary graft failure), or hematopoietic recovery was deemed insufficient or slow for survival following previous high-dose therapy and HCT. If autologous cells are infused for this reason, this is considered autologous rescue; in this case, reporting will continue under the prior HCT date and a new Pre-TED form is not required.
- Persistent primary disease: Additional hematopoietic stem cells are required because of the persistent presence of disease pre and post-transplant (i.e., complete remission was never achieved following the previous transplant).
- Recurrent primary disease: Additional hematopoietic stem cells are required because of relapsed primary disease (i.e., complete remission was achieved pre or post-transplant, but the disease relapsed following the previous transplant).
- Planned second HCT, per protocol: Additional hematopoietic stem cells are given as defined by the protocol for a subsequent transplant / infusion. This transplant is not based upon recovery, disease status, or any other assessment.
- New malignancy (including PTLD and EBV lymphoma): Additional hematopoietic stem cells are required because the recipient has developed a new malignancy. This does not include a transformation or progression of the original malignancy for which the recipient was transplanted (refer to question 617 for more information). If “new malignancy” is selected, also complete questions 617-640.
- Insufficient chimerism: In the case of a stable, mixed donor chimerism, the infusion of additional cells (usually lymphocytes and not mobilized hematopoietic stem cells) is typically classified as a DCI. Verify with the transplant physician that the cells given should be reported as a subsequent transplant and that stable, mixed chimerism is the reason for the transplant. In the case of declining chimerism—when the percentage of donor cells is sequentially decreasing on several studies, indicating possible impending graft failure—additional stem cells are required. Usually the donor chimerism has fallen below 30-50%.
- Other: If additional hematopoietic stem cells are given for a reason other than the options listed, select “other” and complete question 669.
Question 670-672: Source of HSCs
Report the hematopoietic stem cell source of the recipient’s subsequent HCT.
If “allogeneic, related” is selected, indicate whether the same donor was used in question 671 and submit the form.
If “allogeneic, unrelated” is selected, indicate whether the same donor was used in question 671 and specify the product / donor type in question 672. Submit the form after completing questions 670-672.
If “autologous” is selected, skip questions 671-672 and submit the form.
If more than one product is infused, copy and complete questions 670-672 for each product.
|Question Number||Date of Change||Add/Remove/Modify||Description||Reasoning (If applicable)|
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.