Questions 446-448: Specify the aplastic anemia classification:
Indicate the aplastic anemia classification of the primary disease for infusion.
If any of the following classifications are selected:
- Acquired AA, not otherwise specified (301)
- Acquired AA secondary to chemotherapy (313)
- Acquired AA secondary to hepatitis (302) (any form of hepatitis)
- Acquired AA secondary to immunotherapy or immune effector cell therapy (314)
- Acquired AA secondary to toxin / other drug (303)
then, specify the severity in question 447 as either Severe / very severe or Not severe using the following criteria:
- Severe / very severe Requires two or more of the following:
- Platelets < 10,000 or platelet transfusion to maintain platelets ≥ 10,000
- Hemoglobin < 10 g / dL or red blood cell transfusions to maintain hemoglobin > 7 g / dL
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) < 1000 or on G-CSF to maintain ANC ≥ 1000
- Absolute reticulocyte count (ARC) < 20 × 109/L.
- Not severe: Does not meet the criteria for Severe / very severe
Select Acquired AA secondary to chemotherapy only when a recipient develops acquired AA after receiving chemotherapy. See example below:
Example: A female recipient in her 50’s was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer and received dose-dense chemotherapy with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide every other week, followed by weekly Taxol. After receiving four cycles, the recipient became neutropenic requiring red blood cell and platelet transfusions. The chemotherapy was discontinued but the blood counts remained low. After three months of persistent neutropenia, the decision was made to proceed with transplant and the recipient was diagnosed with acquired AA secondary to chemotherapy.
If the classification is not listed, select Other acquired cytopenic syndrome and specify the other acquired cytopenic syndrome in question 448.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.