An Affiliation Board with representation from the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP)/Be The Match® provides general oversight of the CIBMTR budget and operations.
- Review and approve an annual budget
- Review and approve a research plan on a periodic basis
- Assess CIBMTR productivity on an annual basis
- Establish other CIBMTR committees as needed
- Amend terms of the affiliation agreement as necessary
- Review and approve data access and confidentiality policies for submission to NMDP/Be The Match and MCW
- Voting members include: the NMDP/Be The Match Chief Executive Officer, NMDP/Be The Match Chief Financial Officer, and two MCW representatives appointed by the Dean of MCW. One of the latter is assigned from the MCW Financial Controller’s office
- Non-voting members include: the CIBMTR Chief Scientific Director, Chief Statistical Director, Associate Scientific Director, Senior Scientific Director, CIBMTR Vice President and CIBMTR Administrator
The Joint Affiliation Board meets annually.